2012 was a pretty amazing year, so I’ve captured twelve of my favorite moments to share with you all. Because each of these could probably be a blog post in and of themselves (and some are), I’ll keep it simple with a list and pictures.
If you make it through all the photos (sometimes it was hard to settle on just one), I’d love to hear what you loved most about 2012 in the comments! ^_^
1. Atlanta Vacation with Chris: Early in 2012, Chris and I decided to do a little exploring in Atlanta, and used the City Pass to check out the Atlanta Zoo, the Georgia Aquarium, the Coca-Cola Factory along with some sights off the beaten path like Stone Mountain. We also took advantage of our proximity to my Aunt Susan and my cousins and spent some time with them too!
2. Being a Foster Mom for Katniss & Sandy: So it seems every year that I end up fostering at least one lost soul, and this year was no exception. When my coworker Tim rescued a little kitten (later dubbed “Sandy”) by the side of the road, I nursed her back to health and then his sister adopted her. Later this year, while Chris and I were out jogging, we came across another poor stray, helped her get back on her feet, and then my aunt fell in love with her and brought her home.
3. Father’s Day in Savannah: To celebrate Father’s Day this year, we took dad up to Savannah for a day trip. After brunch at the Pirate’s House, and checking out one of the walking Civil War tours, we explored on our own. Hard to believe that this year was the first time I’d ever made it up to Savannah. It’s an amazing town!
4. Director of Social Media: In 2011, I became a Daltonite and never looked back! 2012 proved to be another exciting year, and I was honored to be named the Director of Social Media in August.
5. Sean & Bianca are expecting! I’m not exaggerating when I say that I was so excited I was brought to tears when Sean called to tell me the news. I’m going to be an aunt in 2013!!!
6. AAF Jax Board Retreat: I’ve met some INCREDIBLE people this year through the American Advertising Federation, and one of my favorite moments with them was when we were planning the 2012-2013 year during our board retreat. Kayaking, a low country boil, and a meeting of the minds with some of the best folks in the advertising/marketing field that Jacksonville has to offer!
7. Girls’ Weekend in Savannah: In September, my friends Katie and Steph, road tripped with me to Savannah. While there, we put together a list of things we’d like to tackle in the new year, starting with a craft night. Details on what we make, when it happens!
8. Uncle David Comes to Visit: I don’t get a chance to see my Uncle David very often, so when he came down to Jacksonville for a week, it was great to take advantage of the opportunity to get caught up.
9. Meeting Ryan Penagos: If you’re not a comic book geek or Marvel fan, you may have no idea who I’m talking about…but if you’re someone who does meet the previous qualifications, you’ll recognize Ryan as the Agent M!!! He spoke at one of AAF Jacksonville’s programs this fall, and some of the board (as well as a couple of Daltonites) got a chance to have dinner with him beforehand. So AWESOME!
10. New York City Trip: Had a great in New York City with my Mom. We explored Central Park, the Empire State Building, the New York Public Library, caught BIGBANG’s concert in New Jersey, hung out at the Top of the Rock and several museums. It was a blast!
11. Dalton Agency Holiday Party: This year I was part of the holiday planning committee and had a blast! The theme this year was to dress up as anything or anyone that starts with, “D.” I went as a Dalek and Chris went as Doctor Who. (We’re a match made in heaven!)
12. Seattle Trip: Highlights included Snoqualmie Falls, the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, hanging out with family, exploring Anacortes Island and the Seattle Aquarium.