As I’ve probably mentioned more times than it matters, I’m a pretty avid reader and always on the lookout for new authors and series (otherwise I just end up reading the same hundred books or so). This past Friday morning, I reached out to Scholastic on Twitter and asked if they had any new YA fiction authors or series they’d recommend. Instead of just responding with a couple of quick recommendations, they did me one better by retweeting my question to their followers and asking them to help me out. The response was overwhelming in a good way, and reaffirmed not only my love for Scholastic, but also my love for Twitter.
Because it was such an awesome list, I figured I’d share it with you as well. Stay tuned for my reactions and reviews as I work through the list this Spring!
Crowd-sourced Reading List:
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Great & Terrible Beauty (series) by Libba Bray
- Graceling (series) by Kristin Cashore
The Mortal Instruments (series)by Cassandra Clare Divergent (Trilogy) byVeronica Roth
- Before I Fall / Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Inside Out / Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
- The Line / Away by Teri Hall
- Legend by Marie Lu
- This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson – comes out March 1
Fate & Furyby Quinn Loftis – comes out March 15
Additional recommended reading included Ellen Hopkins, Lauren Barnholdt, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson (already a favorite)!
If you’re interested in learning more about the authors listed above, I’ve added hyperlinks to their various Twitter accounts, or to make it easy on yourself, you can just follow my YA Author list here. I’m always looking for more authors and series to add to the list, so if you have any recommendations of your own, please feel free to add them in the comments below!
Happy Reading, everyone!