I’m pretty new to the idea of creating a “Thirty Before Thirty” list, having just learned about the concept about a month ago from a friend, but I have to say that taking the couple of days that I did to put all of my ideas down on paper was pretty cathartic. I don’t think I realized just how many activities, goals and projects I’d been adding to my mental catalog of “to-dos.”
As a list-lover and task-tackler, I am head over heels with the idea of turning that catalog of activities, goals and projects into a challenge to myself to make the time to accomplish the things that are obviously important to me. I shared the idea with my husband, who’s also accepted the challenge.
I have until April 11, 2015 to complete all of the following (which I’ve of course categorized by type). I’ll share progress to the list as it becomes available!
Health & Fitness
1. Run a half marathon.
2. Run a marathon.
3. Hit and maintain my target weight (150 lbs).
4. Las Vegas
5. Washington, D.C.
New York City Went to NYC on 11/8/12 – 11/12/12
8. Take one trip of a lifetime — Europe (England, France, Germany & Spain) or Asia (Korea or Japan)
9. Go deep sea fishing.
10. Swim with dolphins and/or manatees.
Take a cooking or crafting class with a friend.
12. Make baklava from scratch.
13. Go to a comic book or anime convention (cosplay a must!)
14. Write a novel. (Doesn’t have to be edited, but does have to be completed.)
15. Figure out how to knit, and create something recognizable (probably a scarf).
16. Successfully use my sewing machine to make myself a cute skirt or dress.
17. Begin work on the Warren Legion Project.
18. Complete a 365 project: http://365project.org/
19. Start learning Japanese.
20. Pay off my student loans!
21. Donate my hair to Locks of Love.
22. Stop biting my nails. (Bad habit from childhood picked up from reading too many suspense-filled novels.)
23. Learn at least 10 songs on my guitar.
24. Get my wrist tattoo.
Get my concealed carry permit.
26. Post consistently on my blog (5 days a week)
27. Read these 100 books: http://bbc.in/PLhlWM
28. Watch these 102 movies: http://bit.ly/RnkrTJ
See BIGBANG or Shinee in concert. Saw BIGBANG in concert on 11/9/12.
30. Attend Coachella or Lollapalooza (or both).